Blog

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pinterest Addictions

I am addicted to Pinterest!  I absolutely love using it for classroom ideas.  I feel like I am a very visual learner and Pinterest helps keep good ideas organized.  I have created both personal and professional boards.  It is an awesome catch-all place to find all sorts of great ideas - from tips on using my iPhone to recipes to classroom management.

This will mark my very first year ever of being Yearbook Sponsor, in addition to my head theater responsibilities.  I need to be incredibly organized next school year, so my stress levels stay manageable! Pinterest helps me do this - especially when it comes to Yearbook ideas.  Since I have multitudes to learn, I have found awesome ideas via Pinterest.

In regards to education, Pinterest has allowed me to find ideas on how to make cool Language Arts posters, helped me with lesson plans over novels, etc.  I have even found project ideas for all sorts of English-related subject matter.  And it's all very visual, which is important for me!

When I first started using Pinterest a year ago, I mainly used it to find recipes, DIY project, and cleaning tips.  The educational aspect never really crossed my mind, for awhile anyway.  Once I stumbled into the realm of educational materials available, I was hooked!

I am a somewhat sporadic Pinterest user.  I need to make a more valiant effort to log in more often.  And not only pin good ideas, but USE them more!

I also love the option to create Private Boards.  I used a private board when I was organizing a surprise birthday party for a friend.  I found great resources without sharing them with the entire Pinterest world.

Pinterest is a great tool that any teacher can use!  I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up!

4 comments:

  1. I think you make an important point in that you started Pinterest for personal use and you found ways to use it professionally. I also like that you see Pinterest as a way to keep you organized. I like Pinterest for the visual aspect of it.

    Keep pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mickie! Pinterest is awesome and I will continue to use it personally as well as professionally. I love how it is so well-rounded with different topics. I really can search for anything and it will come up with SOMETHING someone has already pinned. There are a few topics I've come across that don't have much, but, for the most part, I can find anything on it. I am going to start pinning on the district boards tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also addicted to Pinterest! When my partner teacher and I reworked our Language Arts Units last summer we relied heavily on Pinterest. We found SOOO many awesome hands on activities to go with all of the parts of speech. The 4th graders LOVED it all! :) I agree with you that Pinterest is a wonderfull organization tool. It is so much easier to pin to boards instead of creating a list of "favorites" on your laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like all of us started with food in mind and eventually realized how great Pinterest is for the classroom! I have started to "like" things before pinning them - then I go back and revisit them before I pin them.....that is when I decide if I really want to pin them or not! I have also found that if I copy and paste pictures to a document (6-8 to the page) then I can print it out and have a hard-copy/CONSTANT reminder of the amazing projects that I should start on! It's not until they are done that I can move them to my Classroom - Completed Projects board! :o)

    ReplyDelete