Blog

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Glogster!

Glogster was a site I hadn't heard of until I started the Summer Technology Challenge.  I loved it.  I used it to create a page that will direct my Sophomore English students to a WebQuest I made for them about Julius Caesar.  I kind of did things a little backwards.  It was much easier after I listened to Mickie's instructional video about how to use Glogster.  It was like the heavens opened up and a chorus of angels guided me in the right direction.

In my Glog (is that what they are called?), I inserted a video about the Life and Times of William Shakespeare, a link to my WebQuest, and some graphics.  I also felt compelled to include a couple humorous Shakespeare Memes.

I am a very project-based teacher and Glogster will be fantastic to use in all my classes!  I love when students can interact with technology to make visual masterpieces.  My personal drawing abilities are limited to stick figures, so Glogster opens up a whole new world for me.  And I think my students will agree when I introduce it to them in the fall. They will be able to create amazing projects with Glogster!

I think this is a tool I can definitely use in my classes.  I love that there is a Glogopedia I can browse for other ideas.  I know I will use this piece of technology when assigning projects for my students.  I think it could also be beneficial to students to create their own Glogs.  In my Theater classes, students can use Glogster instead of creating their own posters by hand.  I love all the multimedia aspects of it.  Students (and me as well!) can use audio recordings, video links, and all sorts of great tools!  I am excited to see what they will create and produce!


6 comments:

  1. So glad you liked Glogster! I too see it as a replacement for paper posters. I think students can be just as creative with a Glog as they can with paper and markers and glue.

    I love your idea on using a Glog as an intro to a webquest.

    Great Glog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mickie! When my student's create things for speeches or presentations, they will have more options annnnnd I will be able to hold students who choose to create a paper poster to a higher standard because the alternative is Glogster. Since Glog's look very professional I am sure most will choose it. For other assignments, I may require Glogster. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glogster EDU is the most perfect tool for project based learning, also the platform gives opportunities for virtual classroom with a teacher and students accounts. Great for Global collaborating as well. Just adore it too! Nice job on the glog is here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How modern of you to embrace the idea of students using Glogopedia. I bet you loved our last in-service at the Johnny Carson. The idea of students collaborating on-line and learning from the work and thoughts of others really stuck with me. This is a great example of that!

    As a parent, I think this will really help families to spend less time hunting supplies and finding space to create projects. As an educator, I see it as a way to have authentic, student-created projects. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your idea for using Glogster! I feel that students can dig deeper into their learning with Glogster! They will love making them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to teach about William Shakespeare. Your Glog was so creative. I like that you linked your web quest to it. I wish you had been my teacher when I had a whole semester of Shakespeare in college! I have read many of your blog posts and I think the students at NHS will have a great year in your class.

    ReplyDelete