Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Google Presentation Adventures

Google Presentation is a handy tool for any teacher because of its mobility.  I prefer it over PowerPoint because I don't have to remember where I stored the actual file!  Since it is in Google Drive, it goes where you go!  I don't know how many times in my life I've searched in vain to find a specific PowerPoint.  Google Presentation helps me stay organized on the go.

My Norfolk One-Act Team will be performing Animal Farm by George Orwell as our competitive piece this year.  It will be a symbolic presentation because I prefer more grit than cutesy animal costumes.  I haven't found a good cutting, so I am in the process of writing it myself.  In the fall, before tryouts I will hold a meeting for parents and students.  At the meeting we will discuss rules, expectations, practice schedules, etc., but I would also like to share a little background on Animal Farm and George Orwell so students have an understanding of the material before actually having to tryout.

The Google Presentation I created for Challenge 8 of the Summer Tech Challenge is not quite finished yet.  I will add more content about different characters in the play and which Russian leaders they symbolize.



3 comments:

  1. I love that you have found a use for Google Presentation outside the classroom!

    I like your point about Google Presentation going with you. That is one of my favorite things about working in the cloud! I have it no matter where I am or what device I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mickie! I figured that it was related to teaching - just on the stage instead of in the classroom! :) I love that I can get anything on Google I need, from any computer or device. And I love that my students can too. All their essays and research papers go directly into Google drive. It makes editing so much easier for them (and me!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that not having to worry about storing and saving and finding things again later are just the best! I look forward to new additions to this part of Google! Great Google Presentation!

    ReplyDelete