Blog

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Go!Animate the World

I have used a tool like Go!Animate in the past, but I can't remember what it is called.  I do know this though - Go!Animate is incredibly user friendly.  I was able to make an animated video in no time!  I have used animation tools in the past as a comical way to let students know about upcoming theater practice days, future tests/quizzes, or even to introduce new concepts to my classes.

I used Go!Animate for the Summer Technology Challenge to give my kids the information they need to sign up for Remind101.  I use Remind101 for all my classes and extra-curricular activities.  It allows me to send mass text messages to my kids without actually giving them my cell phone number.  It's a great one-way communication tool, meaning I can text my kids, but they can't text me back.  Furthermore, it keeps my students' cell phone numbers private as well.  I don't know what I'd do without Remind101.

I found it incredibly easy to add characters, change the scene, and include voice with Go!Animate.  I love that I was given two options to make a quick video or a video from scratch.  I chose to make a video from scratch and fifteen minutes later I had an animated video! Voila! It was that easy.

I think I will make a few other videos about Remind101 for other classes like English10, Yearbook, Theater I and II, and the Winter and Spring play.  It looks like I will be busy today, but Go!Animate makes it so fun!

Remind 101 Sign-Up by Taryn Retzlaff on GoAnimate

3 comments:

  1. Great idea to use GoAnimate to showcase Remind 101 (which by the way, I LOVE). I like the video from scratch method myself. It really is pretty easy to use.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mickie! Yes! I feel like the video from scratch method is very user-friendly and allowed me to build my animation the way I wanted. :)

    I don't think I could live without Remind 101. In the past, I always had the students' personal cell phone numbers in case I needed to get a hold of them about practice or something like that. It is so much easier to send a mass text via Remind 101 and I can do it without trading cell phone numbers with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the video from scratch, but I did make one with the quick video choice. It was just as good. It limits the choices, and I was able to put one together in minutes. Nice idea for communication with high school students.

    ReplyDelete